How to spend a day preparing for rotations
August 4, 2007
Alternate title #1: Doing everything you won’t have time for later
Alternate title #2: What to do on your day off from your McJob
Alternate title #3: What I did TODAY
- Read up on the subject, i.e 250 Biggest Mistakes 3rd Year Medical Students Make
- Then don’t read up on the subject, as in, read whatever cool non-medical book you’ve been putting off.
- Laze it up for as long as possible. Guitar Hero helps.
- Work out. You need to build up that physical stamina you lost in exchange for mental stamina with boards. Plus none of your professional clothes fit anymore, fatty fatty two by four.
- Get totally settled into your place. Getting the stuff out of the box isn’t enough, you also need to put it somewhere.
- Make your bed a comfy piece of heaven, so, like, replace those flat grody pillow you’ve had for 10 years.
- Stock up on food at the Safeway or other bulk foods store. As long as its not Walmart. Fascist.
- Call friends and family, or at least Google chat.
- Work out all the drama. Cellphone…internet…apartment…insurance….husband. Whatever the problem, stop putting it off and fix it now or you never will. Shit, that reminds me, I need to call a dentist, and get new insurance, and overhaul my car, and…gah!
- Enjoy the feel of the the summer breeze on your face. Soon you’ll be stuck inside most of the time and 2 days later its winter.
Powered by ScribeFire.